Word – Document Production
Our Word – Document Production course shows you how Word was designed to be used and demonstrates the powerful tools available.
This course will enable you to originate professional documents with ease, ensuring that modifications are equally quick and uncomplicated. It looks at some of the common frustrations and how to avoid them.
This course is aimed at existing Word users who want to get the best out of the package.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Use the appropriate view for the task being undertaken in Word
- Use line, paragraph and page breaks correctly
- Use styles for easy formatting
- Define and modify a structured document
- Identify the importance of section breaks and when to use them
- Manage linked headers and footers
- Insert pictures and illustrations
- Insert and modify tables
- Create and sort lists using bullets and numbering
- When to use Draft and Print Layout views
- Using Reading Layout / Full Screen Reading
- How to use the Document Map / Navigation Pane
- Using find and replace
- Using the ruler effectively
- Using Show / Hide and Reveal Formatting
- Selecting text
- Inserting line breaks, paragraph breaks and page breaks
- The importance of using styles
- Creating, amending and applying Character Styles
- Amending and applying Paragraph Styles
- Using the Style Inspector
- Using Outline View
- Promoting and demoting headings
- Displaying Styles names in Draft and Outline views
- When to use Section breaks
- Setting page orientation
- Setting page margins
- Displaying page borders
- Inserting page numbers
- Creating custom headers and footers
- Inserting fields
- Using Section breaks
- Dynamic linking between Sections
- Page numbering in Sections
- Inserting a picture
- Using Online Pictures
- Inserting icons
- Object text wrapping options
- Inserting or drawing a table
- Modifying table formatting
- Sorting table data
- Creating and formatting simple numbered and bulleted lists
- Sorting lists
- Creating and formatting multi level list
Excellent course and trainer. I would recommend the course, I wasn’t sure what to expect, however I was pleasantly surprised and found it very interesting. I found this course very useful and was a lot more interesting than I originally thought it might be. Susan was lovely, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I thought I knew a fair amount about the day-to-day use of Microsoft Word, however, Susan taught me a lot a tips and tricks which I will be using and showing to others! Improvements as mentioned above.
Excellent course and trainer. I would recommend the course as very useful and informative. What I found most useful was understanding what and why things had been going wrong when updating work instructions. understanding how styles impact on what you are doing.
I would definitely recommend the course to anyone who need to amend/create official documents as it covers a lot of quality of life features I wasn’t aware existed on Word. The course was very interactive which made the course very approachable.
Brilliant course facilitated very well. The course was structured really well and presented with expertise and professionalism. I liked how we were asked first thing what we would like from the course to ensure this was covered in the material.
Excellent course and trainer. Definitely would recommend the course to others. Word has changed a lot over the years and it is very useful to know all the shortcuts and new features.
I would recommend the course to others as course content is very good and excellent trainer. Excellent trainer and very helpful content for what I need. Picked up a lot of tips on how to use Word, and was shown things I didn’t know how to do.
Excellent course and trainer. Yes I would definitely recommend it. I was self taught with Microsoft Word and had no idea of the error of my ways and did not realise many of the useful functions even existed before going on the training. Susan the trainer was excellent, able to fit in our requests and tailor the session to our needs. I like the fact you get to keep the training manual and the course files to refer to. Very useful to help use the training in real life. Excellent venue. Really liked the new room.