Duration: 1 day
This is a highly interactive and practical course which will help you to understand the role of Business Partnering and the key skills needed to be successful in the role.
The course is designed specifically to give you an opportunity to explore the role and test a range of techniques to improve your strategic working as well as your influencing and relationship building skills.
This course is aimed at individuals who work cross-functionally and with other people to achieve business results and is particularly helpful for those who engage frequently with senior managers and executives.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the role of Business Partner and the benefit to the business
- Develop stronger engagement with all internal and external stakeholders
- Influence without authority
- Build positive relationships
- Handle robust conversations
- Be forward thinking, not reactive
- Act as a change agent
- Communicate with confidence and credibility
- What is Business Partnering from an individual, departmental and business view
- Using a psychometric test to look at where your strengths are and how you can use them effectively in the role
- Creating a powerful first impression.
- Communication skills
- Understanding different communication styles
- Being more proactive in developing key relationships
- Stakeholder engagement
- Presenting ideas in a confident and articulate way
- Understanding and developing trust
- Connecting with people
- Influencing and persuading others
- Dealing with conflict and difficult conversations
- Becoming a trusted advisor/Business Partner
- Advanced questioning skills and techniques to get to the root of a problem
- Develop the mind-set and strategic capability to play a more proactive leading role in the business