Duration: 2 days
Our Project Risk Management course addresses risk management throughout the project lifecycle. This course is designed for project staff, including project leaders, sponsors, project team members, support staff and functional staff involved in project activity. The workshop is especially suited to teams working on bids, feasibility and project start up.
The workshop covers the need and benefits arising from a structured project risk management approach, the process and supporting methods for identifying analysing and responding to risks, human behavioural factors affecting risk management performance, and organisational interfaces and governance requirements.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe success factors and benefits arising from effective risk management
- Explain human behaviour factors affecting risk management
- Establish the project context and conduct an initial risk assessment
- Define an appropriate strategy and produce a risk management plan
- Define risk identification strategies and apply appropriate identification methods
- Identify and record important risk information including ownership
- Establish risk probability and impact levels; produce probability impact charts and severity time charts
- Establish exposure levels and contingency requirements
- Explain the principles of quantitative analysis
- Define and evaluate response options
- Implement effective risk management process control