Duration: 5 days
This accredited course supports and provides guidance based on the publication of the Association for Project Management (APM) guide, ‘Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring and Control – The Practical Project Management of Time, Cost and Risk.’
The training and certification will equip project planners with the tools needed to be effective and to demonstrate their competence. You will also prepare for and sit the PPC Foundation and Practitioner examinations
This qualification is primarily aimed at Planning Managers and Engineers, Project Control Managers and Engineers but would also benefit Cost Engineers and Project Managers.
It is recommended for the Practitioner qualification that you have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a planning and monitoring role.
Project Planning & Control™ training will:
- Give a step by step controls guide from project initiation to execution
- Provide a holistic overview of the interdependencies between planning and controls functions
- Be a practical and scalable companion to almost any project controls professional
- Enable effective capability growth for delivery organizations
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Apply the approaches and key products used to gain a clear definition of a project
- Apply the approaches and techniques used to plan and close a project
- Use effective scheduling techniques
- Manage risk in the planning, execution and evaluation of a project
- Implement the practices used for rigorous monitoring to enable proactive control of the project