Duration: 2 days (13 hours)
This workshop is suitable for anyone who is managing projects or working within a matrix environment, with no direct reports. The workshop looks at the key skills that are needed to get the best out of the people who are working with you to deliver the objectives of the project, including how to influence indirect reports and manage potential conflicts.
There will be a strong practical focus to the session.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Refocus on key roles and responsibilities of a Project Manager /manager without direct reports
- Use your time effectively to plan and set your own and the work of others for expedient results
- Communicate with impact and build positive relationships
- Influence those who do not report directly to you and manage potential conflicts effectively
- Add value to meetings you attend and chair
Excellent course and trainer. Good course material; good trainer with the right level of inter-personal and communication skills; good course content.
Excellent course and trainer. I think this course would benefit all manager/middle manager personnel in the organisation to enable a greater appreciation and awareness of individual needs and why in certain circumstances people behave as they do.
I would recommend the course to others, insightful focus on behavioural matters in the context of Project Management. Well structured, informal but pace kept up, trainer knowledge and engagement was excellent.