Duration: 2 days (13 hours)
This course looks at range of key planning skills including the necessity to produce a robust schedule and the subsequent ability to monitor and keep control of a project.
We show you the appropriate techniques you need to produce an accurate scope of work, identify the key activities and logically link them to the optimum level of detail needed to plan, progress and control your project.
If you’re an existing project planner, project controller, or anyone whose role requires them to produce and maintain detailed project plans, this course will enhance your current skills and ability.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Implement a structured approach to planning, scheduling, monitoring and the control projects
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relevance and appropriate use of planning and scheduling tools and techniques
- Produce realistic plans to allow a baseline to be agreed and allow version control to be applied
- Apply basic performance measurement techniques to validate actual progress and explain reasons for variance
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relevance and use of appropriate risk tools and techniques