Excel – Working with Macros
Duration: 1 days
Our Excel – Working with Macros course aims to show how macros can be used to automate commonly used commands and processes.
This course is designed for existing experienced users of Excel. You should be confident creating and manipulating Excel spreadsheets and creating formulas before attending this course.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Record and run macros
- Navigate within the Visual Basic Environment
- Edit pre-recorded macros
- Create your own functions
- Accessing the Developer Tab
- Naming conventions and storage locations
- Recording macros
- Absolute and relative cell addressing
- Assigning macros to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Assigning macros to objects
- Recording macros in a specific workbook
- Saving the workbook as an Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook
- Creating quick access items specific to workbooks
- Deleting macros
- Setting macro options
- Macro security
- Project explorer
- Code window
- Properties window
- Code structure
- Adding comments
- Navigating within your code
- Editing macro code
- Getting help with syntax
- Workbook and worksheet commands
- Excel selection methods
- Using debug
- Creating function macros
Great introductory course to Macros. Susan is a very good teacher and made it very easy to follow. Class size was ideal so we could all ask questions to help us fully understand what we were doing. I’d definitely recommend the course to my colleagues. The Beehive is a stunning building! Class room space was perfect for our group. The reception lady was very friendly too.
I would recommend the course, it was very well structured. Brief demonstration by Susan on Excel followed by practice exercises straight after was definitely a good approach to better understanding and applying the freshly learned skill. Susan is very friendly and knowledgeable. Susan is very energetic, communicative and involved. She made the course easy to digest and time passed quickly. The structure, the size of the group so the teacher was very engaged with us and could answer all the questions.
I would recommend the course, easy to follow at a good pace.