Duration: 1 day (6.5 hours)
This workshop is designed to investigate, understand and develop the role of the project sponsor.
By taking elements of effective governance from the guidance published by the APM (Association for Project Management) and Axelos Managing Successful Programmes, an improved project sponsor capability can be developed. The workshop will also explore the importance of the relationship between sponsor and project manager and how this can be improved.
Whilst predominately designed for the project sponsor role, there is provision for a discussion with project manager representatives to agree an action plan to improve the delivery of projects within an organisation.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe and commit to the role of the Project Sponsor
- Identify the key principles of governance that can contribute to success
- Describe the environment in which the projects are delivered
- Explain the financial and resource constraints within the project environment
- Define the criteria used for project selection
- Identify the expectations of key stakeholders and develop a clear communication plan to engage with them
- Identify and resolve areas of conflict
- Describe the relationship with the Project Manager
- Create an effective environment and relationship for project success
The workshop will use case studies drawn from previous client projects, both successful and less successful.