Duration: 2 days (13 hours)
This course is aimed at managers who want to develop their commercial awareness, financial knowledge and strategic thinking capabilities, so that they can influence the direction of their business and deliver to their full potential.
Day one of the course provides the skills and insights to make sense of your company’s financial position and performance.
Day two helps delegates to consider the strategic thinking tools required to plot the forward course needed to maximise the potential of the business.
As well as looking at how to make effective business decisions, this course gives a good grounding in finance and profitability. As a two day programme, day one provides the skills and insights to make sense of the company’s financial position and performance. Day two then considers the strategic thinking tools needed to plot the forward course needed to maximise the potential of the business.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- An understanding of the balance sheet, profit and loss account, cash flow and statutory and management accounts
- Learnt to correctly employment key financial ratios to analyse your business
- A practical definition of strategy
- analysis tools to examine the current environment and capabilities
- Steps to devise a mission and vision statement
- Recognition of the skills and resources needed to achieve the vision
- Generation of appropriate strategic and tactical commercial objectives