Duration: 1 day (6.5 hours)
This workshop is suitable for anyone who is in a first line manager position looking to develop their coaching skills.
The focus of the workshop is on understanding how coaching supports other management techniques, how it develops people and their performance, and how best to use coaching with your team.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define what coaching is and how it differs from and complements other management techniques
- State the benefits that coaching has for team members, managers and the business
- Use the key skills of coaching
- Implement strategies to deal with resistance to coaching
- Give feedback effectively while coaching
- Practice your coaching skills with real-life situations
Useful course where I learnt some good points. Trainer was excellent and videos were good to reinforce the message.
Really interesting. Clarified differences between training and coaching. Session was very intensive using appropriate material. I will use in the future the coaching approach.
I would recommend the course, as it brings different thinking to managing personnel. Good opportunities to apply learning. Was able to apply real concerns to workshop scenarios.
The course helps to clarify the meaning and concept of Coaching versus other types of support to employees. It was fine, quite informal as it should be to stimulate open discussion.