Duration: 1 day (6.5 hours)
This is a highly interactive and practical course which will help you to use assertive behaviour to deal more effectively with interpersonal situations.
This workshop has been specifically designed to give you an opportunity to learn and test a range of influencing and assertiveness models and techniques.
The course is aimed at anyone who interacts with others on a regular basis, especially those in multi disciplinary, matrix type organisations where healthy debate and challenge are key to achieving optimum resolutions.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Utilise a variety of new techniques to enhance your influencing skills
- Achieve better outcomes by choosing an assertive approach when needed
- Feel more confident and be more effective when working in groups / meetings
- Recognise and define what assertive behaviour is and its benefits
- Recognise the impact of non-verbal communication and use it to enhance influencing behaviours
- Use language skills necessary to get you message across in an influential or assertive way
- Assert your rights in a reasonable way
- Identify behaviours that can help or hinder interactions with others
- Apply different techniques for dealing with aggression