Public Speaking With Presence
Duration: 2 days
This workshop is designed for people who really want to step up their game and make an impact when they speak in public whether that’s at a meeting, at a dinner, or at a large conference in a theatre or lecture hall.
There will many opportunities throughout the workshop to practice what you are learning and get feedback from your audience and facilitator.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Assess your strengths as a speaker
- Prioritise what to focus on to create the impact you choose
- Speak with greater confidence and know how to manage your nerves
- Create memorable content that influences your audience
Participants are required to prepare a 15 minute talk. This can be something you have delivered before or something you’ve created for the course. Please include and prepare any visual aids you would usually use when speaking and bring them with you.
If possible, please also bring your smart phone (with camera), headphones and memory capacity for a short video clip to be added.
- What are you trying to achieve?
- Analysing your audience
- Preparation for public speaking
- Building the basics
- Topping up the toolkit – how do you take it to the next level?
- Playing with pauses, emphasis and vocal tone
- Influencing and powerful language
- Personal energy
- Get to know your ‘inner chimp’ and how it might be sabotaging or supporting you
- What stories are you telling yourself?
- Chimp management techniques for public speaking
- Writing your ‘script’
- Going beyond bullet points
- Creating impactful slides
- Using data and statistics
- Putting yourself in the shoes of your audience
- When to take questions
- Question handling strategies
- Methods to handle challenging questions
- Practical application and feedback