Duration: 1 day
Emotional intelligence (EI) is increasingly being regarded as a major key to personal success. IQ measures our ability to problem solve and is pretty difficult if not impossible to change. Our emotional intelligence is our ability to problem solve about emotions and like any other skill can be developed and honed.
Some of the most successful people in life today are those who are regarded as having a high level of emotional intelligence whatever their level of IQ. Being able to manage themselves and others successfully is often a crucial factor in their success. With a growing emphasis on ‘soft skills’, leaders and managers need to be able to sensitively handle other people, both within and outside the organisation.
Emotions are important in work life. They drive motivation and commitment; they are an inherent part of what we do whatever our job role. Effective individuals are proficient at recognising, using, understanding, and managing emotions in themselves and others.
This one day course will help participants improve their understanding and skill in these areas.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the aspects of your role where emotions are important
- Recognise the four key elements of Emotional Intelligence
- Use a range of skills to build and maintain key relationships
- Develop an emotionally intelligent ‘culture’ in your part of the organisation
- Create a personal action plan to continue to enhance and monitor your Emotional Intelligence
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- Where does it sit in the “whole person model”
- IQ, Personality Traits, Skills and Knowledge and EI
- Dispelling the myths and legends about EI
- Recognising emotions in self and others
- Using emotions
- Understanding emotions
- Managing emotions
- Short and long-term strategies to develop EI
- Developing compensating strategies where needed
- Practical application of EI
- Leveraging EI strengths
- Case studies and scenarios
- Video analysis
- Examples in the public eye we can all relate to
- Practical steps
- Peer coaching
After completing this course, you have an opportunity to complete a psychometric to understand more about emotional motional drivers and derailers. If you would like to do this, you will be invited to complete a psychometric questionnaire called Lumina Emotion.
It can be done online and takes between 30-60 minutes. The results are compiled into a report which one of our trained and accredited coaches will go through with the participant individually to work up an action plan to leverage their EI strengths and develop strength where needed.
This can be very powerful in building EI into your people and your organisation.