Prince2® Foundation and Practitioner
Duration: 5 days
Our PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Qualification course is designed to teach the processes, themes and principles of project management described in the PRINCE2® approach and to prepare delegates for the Foundation and Practitioner examinations, held as part of the course.
This course is designed for existing and potential Project and Team Managers who would like to gain a comprehensive understanding of the PRINCE2® method of managing projects and will provide those responsible for planning and managing projects with a structure that will help, without imposing inflexible processes or stifling creative thinking.
By the end of the course you will be able to be:
- Describe the background, principles, structure and terminology used in the PRINCE2® 2017 Edition project management method
- Prepare for and take both the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Exams
- Introduction to projects and project management including the seven Principles
- The basis of what defines a PRINCE2 project
- Themes to be addressed throughout the project, and processes
- The activities to direct, manage and deliver a project successfully
- Business case – establishing mechanisms to decide whether project is desirable, viable and achievable
- Organization – establishing accountabilities and responsibilities
- Quality – defining mechanisms to ensure that products are fit for purpose
- Plans – the product based approach to planning
- Risk – identifying, assessing and controlling uncertainty
- Change – identifying, assessing and controlling changes to the baseline
- Progress – monitoring actual achievements against estimate and controlling deviations
- Starting up a Project – is there a viable and worthwhile project
- Directing a Project – enabling key decision making by the Project Board
- Initiating a Project – establishing solid foundations
- Controlling a Stage –assigning and monitoring work and keeping within stage tolerance
- Managing Product Delivery – controlling the link between the Project Manager and Team Manager(s)
- Managing a Stage Boundary – current stage review and next stage planning
- Closing a Project – confirmation of acceptance and project review
- Tailoring PRINCE2® – to the project environment
Foundation Examination and results
Practitioner Workshop and Examination
PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Examinations
The PRINCE2® Foundation Exam is of 1 hour duration and consists of 60 multiple choice questions. A Pass is 33 correct answers. The exams are marked by the trainer immediately following the exam and the results are available within an hour.
The PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam
A written paper of 2.5 hours duration. There are 68 Objective Test style questions to be answered in the 2.5 hours and the candidate may use an annotated manual. The candidate must score 38/68 to be successful i.e. 55%
Please note that examinations are the responsibility of the examination board, PEOPLECERT
PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner (5 Day course)
Virtual Training Dates:
- 15th-19th March 2021 (09.00-17.00 GMT)
- 12th-16th April 2021 (09.00-17.00 GMT)
- 28th Jun – 2nd Jul 2021 (09.00-17.00 GMT)
- 13th-17th Sep 2021 (09.00-17.0 GMT)
- 6th-10th Dec 2021 (09.00-17.00)
Pricing: Foundation & Practitioner programme – £1095 +VAT
Please email email@example.com to book a place. Note that all dates above are for virtual training sessions and can be attended from wherever you are based.
Just Need the Foundation or Practitioner?
If you only need to attend the foundation or practitioner modules the dates and prices are as below:
PRINCE2 Foundation Only (£700 +VAT)
- 15th-17th March 2021 (09.00-17.00 GMT)
- 12th-14th April 2021 (09.00-17.00 GMT)
- 28th-30th Jun 2021 (09.00-17.00 GMT)
- 13th-15th Sep 2021 (09.00-17.0 GMT)
- 6th-8th Dec 2021 (09.00-17.00)
PRINCE2 Practitioner Only – £595 +VAT
- 18th-19th March 2021 (09.00-17.00 GMT)
- 15th-16th April 2021 (09.00-17.00 GMT)
- 1st-2nd Jul 2021 (09.00-17.00 GMT)
- 16th-17th Sep 2021 (09.00-17.0 GMT)
- 9th-10th Dec 2021 (09.00-17.00)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place. Note that all dates above are for virtual training sessions and can be attended from wherever you are based.
Presented in association with aims4change, a PEOPLECERT Accredited Training Organisation.
PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited.
It is a great way to understand all of the course principles and having a trainer and a support group on hand for the whole day is really helpful. The trainer was brilliant, there were so patient and understanding and also really positive about the group even when we doubted ourselves. The days were structured in a useful way that helped when we were trying to bring everything together at the end before the exams. It was a great way to learn everything, really relaxed generally but with a good pace that everyone could keep up with. In terms of the course, the most helpful thing was having the trainer available all the time to ask questions and to provide help, as well as working in the small group because it allowed all of us to interact well instead of being lost in a large number. The structure worked well for all of us.