Handling Challenging Conversations
Duration: 1 day
Do you worry about how to give negative feedback or deal with performance issues? Are you concerned about giving bad news? This workshop is designed to give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to tackle these scenarios in a productive way.
If you are a people manager, team leader or supervisor looking to make those challenging conversations less stressful and more effective, this workshop is for you.
Lots of practical sessions will ensure you have the opportunity to relate your learning to your real life work situations.
The one day session will use professional actors in the afternoon so that you can practice handling real-life challenging conversations.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Deal with a wide range of challenging conversations
- Describe the preferred behavioural style for giving feedback
- State the most appropriate influencing technique to use in your situations
- Explain how to give successful constructive feedback
- What type of challenging conversations occur?
- Why do we find them challenging?
- Practical exercise to demonstrate and act as a refresher of the fundamentals of communication
- Barriers to communication especially in a difficult discussion
- Refresher of assertiveness and why it is important in this context
- Practical exercise demonstrating how behaviour breeds behaviour, and the impact of choosing an inappropriate style
- Steps to using assertive behaviour
- Cialdini’s model for influence
- How to use influencing techniques in handling challenging conversations
- Practical application
- Understanding feedback – positive vs. negative
- Using the ABCBC model for feedback
- Using the basics of emotional intelligence to give effective feedback
- Practical application
Professional actors will work with you in small groups in the afternoon to practice real-life challenging conversations.
Excellent course and trainer. Good insights into how to transact with others, well worth attending and enjoyable as well as positive and insightful. Good structure No role play, which is a positive! Good and thought provoking insights into how we transact with others.
I would recommend the course, it’s an interesting course on a very useful and required topic. Some very good techniques presented.Some very good techniques and tips given.
Excellent course and trainer. I would recommend it, very enjoyable. Learnt new ways to respond to challenging situations and thinking about what might really be behind the problem. Also, how to approach the resulting difficult conversation. Engaging trainer, kept me focused to the end. Good course content; useful to be reminded, that workplace behaviour can be influenced by problems outside of work.
Excellent course and trainer, I would absolutely recommend it. Session was very interactive and example led.